GoCoco Champers Punch
29th December 2016.
The big day is nearly here. New Years Eve is often a very stressful time; what to wear, where to go, what are we having as a tipple, how are we getting home? Yup, stress!
Let's take care of at least one thing; your drink.
Since it's NYE, we have opted for an alcoholic fruit punch. Don't worry, there is no need to add the champagne (fancy!) element to it and it still hits the spot. And better yet, it's Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free and No Sugar Added...your health campaign has practically started.
What you need:
This makes 3 cups of punch; double or triple amounts if required
- 1 1/2 cups of GoCoco Coconut Water
- 1 cup+ champagne or white wine* (optional)
- 1/2 cup+ orange juice (or other juice; pineapple, apple, pomegranate, grape)
- 1/4 cup to 2 cups+ fruit, frozen or fresh (quantity used will vary from a couple berries or cubes of pineapple as a garnish to 1 to 2+ cups of fruit added to the punch mixture such as orange wedges, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, watermelon cubes, mango cubes, etc.)
- splash grenadine (optional)
- 1 drop pink or red food food coloring (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl or pitcher, stir to combine, cool in the fridge before serving.
*If you do not drink alcohol, you can use non-alcoholic wine or champagne, white grape juice, or simply omit and adjust proportions of other ingredients to taste.
Note: Ice waters down the punch so using frozen fruit will help keep the punch colder and (it’s cheaper than fresh anyway. Or freeze pineapple juice, orange juice, apple juice, or coconut water in ice cube trays in advance to use as the “ice” cubes. If you are using a considerable amount of ice, you may want to increase the amount of wine or champagne, to taste.)
If you fancy trying this for your New Years Eve celebrations then tweet us your pics of the GoCoco Champers Punch or tag us in on Instagram. Links are below.
Tweet to @GoCocoDrinks